Here’s what you need to do to place a hold from your email alert:
- Choose an item in the Alert email and click the Place Hold link underneath it.
- The NExpress catalog will open to that item’s page.
- Click Place Hold on that page. The login screen will pop up.
- Type your 13-digit library card number in the Login box and your 4-digit pin number in the Password box (usually the last digits of your phone number).
- Click Login.
- A confirmation screen will open.
- Click Place Hold to confirm you want the item put on hold for you.
- You’re done!
Now you can go back to your email and place more holds. It’s likely that the device you’re using to place holds (computer, phone, tablet, etc.) will remember your login information and password after the first time you submit it. Just remember that you must click Place Hold on the final confirmation screen in order to finish the process.
Thanks for using our Alert service! If you have any questions, please ask us – we love to help.